AJC Counselling privacy notice
AJC Counselling collects and processes personal data relating to clients to engage in the therapeutic relationship. I am committed to being transparent about how I collect and use that data and to meeting data protection obligations.
What information does AJC Counselling collect?
* your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number to be able to contact you to arrange sessions;
* your date of birth for identification purposes in case of referral;
* your GP details in case of a risk of self-harm or to work in partnership with the GP;
* your next of kin details in case of an emergency
* brief factual notes of our sessions together to use as a memory aide. These notes are anonymous. Each client is given a code;
* I attend supervision where I make notes about client work in order to operate safely within the BACP ethical framework. These are anonymous. Each client is given a different name to their own.
I collect this information directly from my clients and in some cases from a third party such as an agency.
A full copy of my Privacy Notice will be provided when we start working together.